The Air Conditoning Dealers Association Inc. (ACDA) was borne out of the need to provide specialist engineered heating and cooling solutions with long term support and after-sales service through collaboration between the major manufacturers and independent dealers.
Members are required to put forward a high standard of workmanship, ethical dealings and business structures which provides a more secure purchasing option for you as a consumer, as well as a choice of brands within a competitive, ethical network of Air Conditioning specialist contractors.
ACDA members have to meet a stringent set of criteria before they are selected, and all members are bound by a Code of Ethics, Workmanship Standards and Guarantee that clearly sets the benchmark on how the individual member interacts with and serves you as a consumer when it comes to the provision, installation and support of air conditioning systems.
All ACDA Members are bound by a code of ethics which sets out that Members must:
- be honest and ethical in all dealings with their clients, submitting quotations in a manner that will enable a fair appraisal of the system offered
- offer installations carried out by licensed personnel representing value for money
- provide products from major manufacturers that have a reputation for quality and service
- adhere to ACDA Approved Standards in their dealings with their clients
The purpose of establishing a Standard for ACDA Members and you as the Consumer is to provide governance in the provision, installation and support of air conditioning systems.
The Standard sets a benchmark in the Industry and ensures you receive excellent value for money, an economical system and a correctly engineered product backed by after-sales service and support.
The ACDA standards dictate that all members must provide showroom sales, back up service departments and engineering design and construction when it comes to the provision of air conditioning systems.
An ACDA member will visit your home, analyse your needs and provide you with a home air conditioning solution that will meet your individual requirements and budget. They will install and service a range of quality products from split system units, complex ducted air conditioning designs to inverter systems that will create a comfortable and energy efficient environment for you and your family.
ACDA Members adhere to the following “Approved Standards” when dealing with you:
- Suggest alternatives if appropriate. If requested, provide indicative pricing for each.
- Recommend the system type to be used.
- Determine required equipment capacity using an approved calculation method.
- Provide a quotation including:
- Calculated capacity, required to meet the heating and cooling requirements.
- Description of the system or manufacturers literature to be provided (equipment manufacturer, actual capacity, number and location of outlets, zones, controls and the like).
- Price and payment schedule.
- Inclusions and exclusions (power supply, supports/plinth, drainage, covers for exposed piping and wiring, cleanup, rubbish removal etc.).
- Warranty period
- Details of recommended servicing frequency as applicable.
When it comes to home air conditioning, we understand that this is a costly investment that needs to be carefully considered.
That’s why we want to give you peace-of-mind knowing that you are protected when appointing one of our members to supply and install your air conditioning systems.
Our Guarantee* provides that should an ACDA member fails to complete or install the product to the ACDA Standards, the ACDA will promptly rectify this by engaging the services of a Chartered Engineer to investigate, report and advise you of any defects or shortcomings of the installation and serves to correct them.
If you have experienced an issue with one of our members, please visit the Dispute Resolution page for more information.
* The Guarantee applies to new domestic installations and is limited to a contract value of up to $25,000.00 inc. GST.