When discussing the overall value of any environmental system in your home, it is better to be concerned about long-term affordability, instead of initial installation costs.
Long-term affordability includes factors such as:
- Continuous operating costs;
- Maintenance costs;
Effectiveness refers to the ability of the system to perform its job in a way that serves your needs. If you want to stay cool in your home, do you install a ducted air conditioning system, or a series of window air conditioners? The answer centers around which system is more affordable and you may be surprised at the answer you get.
Installing A Ducted Air Conditioning System
The process of having a ducted air conditioning system installed can be expensive and take some time. The duct work needs to be hidden behind walls and under floors to stay out of your way and create a clean look. There are several factors that affect your installation costs and they include:
- Size of the central air conditioning unit;
- Size of the interior of the house;
- Amount of duct work that needs to be installed.
It is important to get the right size central air conditioning unit installed to avoid unnecessary costs in the future.
For example, if the unit you have installed is too small, then it will cost you more in electricity each month and the unit itself will burn out quickly and cause you to incur replacement costs. But when you have the proper size unit and duct work installed, a ducted air conditioning system is an efficient and quiet way to cool your home.
Issues With Window Air Conditioners
When people decide to cool their home, they want to cool their entire home in the most efficient manner possible.
If you choose window air conditioner units over ducted air conditioning, then you have several issues to consider, such as:
- Window air conditioners are loud and several of them running at the same time can be a significant problem;
- If you have several window air conditioners running at the same time, your electric bill will skyrocket out of control;
- Window air conditioners are not pleasant to look at, especially when they are hanging out of all of the windows in your home;
- When the weather turns cooler, you will have to spend time taking the window air conditioners out and then find room to properly store them;
- In order to get peak efficiency out of window air conditioners, you must perform regular maintenance and cleaning tasks on each one. If you have several running, then you could spend hours a month just doing maintenance.
Is Ducted Air Conditioning Affordable?
An efficient ducted air conditioning system that is properly sized for your home will save you a considerable amount of money on your electric bill. Maintenance on a ducted air conditioning system is simple and you can have a professional technician come in once a year to make sure that your ducted air conditioner is running at peak efficiency.
If you do not keep up with the maintenance on your window air conditioners, then your monthly electric costs will keep going up.
A ducted air conditioning system gives a finished look to your home and cools the entire home at the same time. Ducted air conditioning systems are extremely quiet and offer you the service you want without all of the noise that comes with window units.
It is also considerably less expensive to have repairs done on a single ducted air conditioning unit, than it would be to have to repair or replace several window units.
In the end, a ducted air conditioning unit is much more affordable than having a series of window units throughout your home.
You will save money with a ducted air conditioning system on your electric bills and the results you get will help you and your family to feel comfortable all day long.